To celebrate the release of the thrilling Lizzie, we've got a copies on Blu-ray to be won.
Closing date: 30/04/2019
terms & conditions
1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding BOOM's friends and family and anyone else directly associated with this promotion.
2. The prize is a copy of Lizzie on Blu-ray. We have three copies in total to give away.
3. The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
4. One entry per person - and yes, we will check. If we find that you have entered multiple times, we will disqualify you from this competition. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from entering future competitions. And we don't like robots, so we investigate multiple entries and entries suspected as being from robots will be deleted.
5. Closing date for entries is midnight on 30/04/2019.
6. Winners will be notified within 7 days by email. If a winner does not respond with their posting details 7 days after we sent them the initial notification email, their prize will be offered to another person following a subsequent further draw. This process will repeat until somebody responds and tells us where to send the prize. If you're entering, please remember to check your emails!
LIZZIE is a compelling psychodrama based on the infamous 1892 axe murder of the Borden family in Fall River, Massachusetts. The film explores Lizzie Borden’s life, focusing on the period leading up to the murders and their immediate aftermath – and reveals many layers of the strange, fragile woman who stood accused of the brutal crime.
As an unmarried woman of 32, and a social outcast, Lizzie (ChloŽ Sevigny) lives a claustrophobic life under her father’s cold and domineering control. When Bridget Sullivan (Kristen Stewart), a young maid, comes to work for the family, Lizzie finds a sympathetic, kindred spirit, and a chance intimacy that blossoms into a wicked plan, and a dark, unsettling end.
Directed by Craig William Macneill and produced by Sevigny alongside Liz Destro and Naomi Despres, Lizzie is an enthralling investigation of a dark slice of history that has fascinated the world ever since – with captivating performances leading an evocative presentation of strained family relationships, an oppressive society and a secret, burgeoning romance, delivering rich slow-burn tension and emphatic, transfixing release.