Year of the Rabbit
To celebrate the release of recent Channel 4 comedy Year of the Rabbit, we've got a copy on DVD to be won.
Closing date: 18/08/2019
terms & conditions
1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding BOOM's friends and family and anyone else directly associated with this promotion.
2. The prize is a copy of Year of the Rabbit on DVD. We have one copy in total to give away.
3. The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
4. One entry per person - and yes, we will check. If we find that you have entered multiple times, we will disqualify you from this competition. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from entering future competitions. And we don't like robots, so we investigate multiple entries and entries suspected as being from robots will be deleted.
5. Closing date for entries is midnight on 18/08/2019.
6. Winners will be notified within 7 days by email. If a winner does not respond with their posting details 7 days after we sent them the initial notification email, their prize will be offered to another person following a subsequent further draw. This process will repeat until somebody responds and tells us where to send the prize. If you're entering, please remember to check your emails!
About Year of the Rabbit:
FRESH FROM the success of What We Do In The Shadows, Matt Berry makes a welcome return to our screens in Year of the Rabbit, a brand new original comedy for Channel 4 set in Victorian London. It’s set to arrive on DVD and digitally to download this summer, following its TV bow, thanks to Acorn Media International.
This hilarious six-part series is set to turn the detective genre on its head with a brand new crime fighting trio, that sees Matt Berry’s (Toast of London, The IT Crowd), Detective Inspector Rabbit, teaming up with Freddie Fox (King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Cucumber)and Susan Wokoma (Chewing Gum, Crazyhead). They are joined by a stellar line-up of great British acting talent including Line of Duty favourites Keeley Hawes (The Durrells, Bodyguard) and Craig Parkinson (Misfits, Four Lions), plus Sally Phillips (Smack The Pony, Miranda), Jill Halfpenny (Three Girls, In the Club), Alun Armstrong (The Cane, Frontier) and Paul Kaye (Wanderlust, Afterlife).
Detective Inspector Rabbit is a hardened booze-hound who’s seen it all, his new partner is hapless and by-the-book...when they’re called in to investigate a local murder,they are joined by the lewd,but insightful adoptive daughter of the chief of police, she’s also the country’s first female officer. Together, the mismatched team must fight crime while rubbing shoulders with street gangs, crooked politicians, Bulgarian princes, spiritualists, music hall stars and the Elephant Man.
Directed by BAFTA-nominated Ben Taylor (Catastrophe) and written by Emmy and WGA Award-winners Andy Riley and Kevin Cecil (Veep), with Matt Berry contributing with his offbeat wit and talent Year of the Rabbit is set to be the must-see comedy of the summer. It arrives on DVD and to download and keep on 22 July 2019.